Step classes at Fitness Plex help you build stamina and burn fat with basic aerobic routines using an adjustable step platform. You’ll experience an invigorating combined arm and step routine that increases large muscle movements and burns fat rapidly. Get ready for a fun, musical exercise class that can be modified as necessary to decrease joint impact.
Step aerobics is an invigorating workout that keeps you moving and is known to be an absolute hit in the cardio department. With group classes that are motivating and set to fun, upbeat music, step aerobics is a great way to get in shape and improve your overall health.
Here at Fitness Plex, we get a lot of questions about step aerobics such as, is step aerobics good for losing weight? Is step aerobics good for tummy fat? Does step aerobics build muscle? Is step aerobics better than walking? What does step aerobics tone? We’re glad you asked! Let’s explore the many benefits of a step aerobics workout and why it might be an enjoyable exercise option for you!
1. It’s a great workout for all levels. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced exerciser, step aerobics is a great workout. Our certified instructors will provide modifications as necessary to accommodate for injuries, low-impact needs, beginners, and advanced options for those looking for a challenge.
2. You’ll see results quickly. If you’re looking for quick results, step classes are the way to go! Just a few classes per week will help you tone your legs and arms, improve your cardiovascular health, and boost your energy levels.
3. You’ll lose weight. Step aerobics weight loss results are off the charts! The steps help to tone your muscles and burn calories, which can lead to weight loss over time. In addition, step aerobics is often offered as an intensity-based class, which means that you can really work up a sweat and burn even more calories.
4. You’ll develop strength. Another advantage of taking a step aerobics class is that it’s a weight-bearing exercise, which means it helps to strengthen your bones and build your muscles. Osteoporosis is a serious concern for many people, especially post-menopausal women, and step aerobics is a great way to help prevent this condition.
5. You’ll improve your cardiovascular health. Stepping up and down gets your heart rate up and helps to strengthen your heart muscle. Regular step aerobics classes can help to lower your blood pressure and reduce your risk of heart disease.
6. Reduce stress. In addition to the physical benefits, step aerobics training is also a great way to reduce stress and improve your mood through a consistent release of endorphins and a fun group atmosphere.
7. It’s fun! Let’s be honest—working out can be boring but it doesn’t have to be! Step aerobics is a fun way to get moving and stay motivated. We guarantee you’ll have so much fun you won’t even realize you’re exercising!
We know life can be busy. That’s why the Fitness Plex offers a variety of fitness class times throughout the week so you can easily find a step class that fits easily into your schedule. Plus, our state-of-the-art facility is conveniently located right off the 49 in Florence, MS. If you’re looking for a workout that will make you feel good both physically and mentally, step aerobics at the Fitness Plex is a perfect choice!